Note: “Print Recipe” prints just the Basic Ingredients and the Instructions. At the bottom of the page there is an icon for you to print the whole page. Consider saving the page as a pdf file to create a recipe book for yourself. Or if you want, just take screen shots.
Layered Fruit Popsicles
- Popsicle Mold
- OR plastic cups and popsicle sticks
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- lemon juice, to taste
Roll the dice for ingredients in the tables below. (If your rolls end up with the same FRUITs, roll again.)
- FRUIT #1
- FRUIT #2
- FRUIT #3
- Put the water and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and stir until sugar is dissolved. Take the pot off the stove and allow to cool. You've just made yourself some "simple syrup".
- Now prepare FRUIT #1, #2, AND #3 as directed for your selections.
- Do the following for each FRUIT selection one at a time: Place the prepared fruit selection in a blender. Add ⅓ cup of the simple syrup and a touch of lemon juice (about <1/8 tsp.) to taste. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a measuring cup and wash the blender. Continue doing this step for your other FRUIT selections.
- Whether you're using a popsicle mold or a small plastic cup with a stick, fill the container about 1/3 full with whatever fruit you'd like on the bottom. Think about the color design you're creating. Freeze for about 15 minutes.
- Repeat the above step for the remaining selected FRUIT choices.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours to make it firm enough not to melt too quickly when you eat it.
Roll the Die to choose your ingredient.
If you have a die from a board game, use it. If you’ve viewing this on a cell phone or tablet, you could install a dice roller app (e.g. “Dice” by Benoit Layer for Apple devices or “Dice” by Ostop Development for Android devices). Or open the link “Roll the Die” above and use a web-based die. Once you’ve rolled the die and have the result, click the appropriate radio button that will be your ingredient choice. Do this for all the ingredients.